Joey Personality Ratings
We strive to achieve great temperament in our joeys by both nurture (love and handling), and nature (genetics). Each joey we raise is loved, handled daily, and has it's own individual personality. We can not guarantee a joeys temperament, only inform you of the temperament the joey displays with us. A glider's temperament can change upon leaving us do to stress or other circumstances especially it's first few weeks home. However, with time and patience any sugar glider’s temperament can be improved as the bonding process begins. In order to help you choose the right joey for you, we have developed a personality rating system of our joeys.
- NB- Newly OOP - Has not been rated at this time.
- 1- Experienced only- It is extremely rare that we see this type of sugar glider. Some use the term "alpha glider" to describe their behavior. These gliders need special love and attention by experienced owners.
- 2- Okay- Pouch protective, crabs regularly, extremely shy with new people
- 3- Good- Sometimes pouch protective. Crabs on occasion but warms up upon familiarity, shy.
- 4- Very good- Minor crabbing, adventurous, curious, playful, active
- 5- Excellent- Laid back, little to no crabbing, likes to cuddle.